- Scientists & Leadership
- ISB Research
- Education & Outreach
From the beginning of a career spanning more than 40 years, Dave Sabey has sought out people with a fresh perspective, an inspired vision and a relentless sense of purpose. Among his earliest developments were building Boeing Electronics clean rooms, constructing ADP’s first data center, building and owning one of McCaw Cellular’s first switches, developing facilities for Exodus Communications, provider of the world’s first internet colocation services — even Starbucks‘ first external roasting plant— all were breaking new ground in industries of world-wide importance.
Today, that trend continues both through real estate development and investment with a particular focus on high performance data centers, healthcare & life science research and communications. From IT efficiencies and technology platforms dedicated to solving some of the hardest problems facing health care and life science, Dave is passionate about promoting ideas that positively change the world.
One of those ventures is CODONiS, a company recently co-founded with Jim Harding, a veteran Vice President of Technology for Amazon, to develop technology platform services for Life Sciences & Health Care and to optimize hyper-computational applications and cloud services designed specifically for major hospitals.
Dave is also founder of the Seattle Science Foundation which was established to foster the collaboration of medical scientists, practitioners, and engineers through high bandwidth transmissions while sharing some of the world’s most sophisticated skill sets. Through the Foundation and his work with some of medical technology’s most creative and productive thought leaders, Dave is helping to advance a global healthcare network with Seattle as a central node.
Dave and his wife, Sandy, have three children, two of whom work in the family business.
- Trustee Emeritus, Gonzaga University
- Honorary Doctorate of Law, Gonzaga University
- Board of Trustees, Seattle University
- Business Advisory Council, University of Notre Dame
- Systems Biology Advisory Council, Harvard Medical School
- Board of Directors, Institute for Systems Biology
- President’s Club, University of Washington
- Advisory Board, Global Health Nexus, Seattle
- NYC Tech Connect Advisory Board, New York
- Washington Roundtable Board, Washington State
- Board of Directors, Eastside Catholic High School Foundation, Bellevue WA
- President’s Council, Eastern Washington University
- Alumnus, Young Presidents’ Organization
- U.S. Air Force Academy Prep School
- University of Washington
- Eastern Washington University, BA Education